Juwel Aquarium Rio 240 Lighting Problem

jetskidia

Reaction score
JUWEL Aquarium Rio 240 lighting problem

Hi

I've got a JUWEL Aquarium Rio 240 with an intermittent lighting problem.

There is obviously something loose in the lid, problem is I can't see a way to get into the electrics???

Anyone know if its possible?

Thanks

check out the Juwel I bar pin at the top of the forum. It will show you how to get into the I bar

AC

yeah i ended up having to drill out the rivits that held the ends on my rio 180 :crazy:

juwel light units are rubbish! i have been through 2 in the last 4months! i take it, the unit has got wet from evaporation, and wont work?

juwel light units are rubbish! i have been through 2 in the last 4months! i take it, the unit has got wet from evaporation, and wont work?

there not rubbish, theyre suffering intermittent faults, which now have been rectified.

a bit of maintenance here and there can keep them going too! and changing tubes regularly. its just maintenance that can make all the difference

and instead of buying juwel replacments, buy an arcadia Ibar, much better IMO and they fit the juwel flaps too!

there not rubbish, theyre suffering intermittent faults, which now have been rectified.

a bit of maintenance here and there can keep them going too! and changing tubes regularly. its just maintenance that can make all the difference

and instead of buying juwel replacments, buy an arcadia Ibar, much better IMO and they fit the juwel flaps too!

I would say that the number of faults people have had with them for X number of years (certainly the last 2 or 3 if not further back than that) it argues against anyone saying they aren't rubbish. the evidence says they are!!!

you shouldn't have to maintain something that is sealed. It should be good for a fiar few years at least with just tubes being added.

shouldn't have problems with evaporation on them seeing as they are supposedly sealed and use water tight end caps.

Bad design and poor quality components is all I can say!!! My DIYs have open wiring in enclosed hoods and they don't go wrong!!!

AC

Definately poor quality, can't speak for the new ones but the older versions are renounded for their problems.

i have brought 2 sealed light units with external starters, and run the wires through the old sealed unit. fixed them to the existing juwel light bar, and all has been very good and reliable ever since!! :good:

i have brought 2 sealed light units with external starters, and run the wires through the old sealed unit. fixed them to the existing juwel light bar, and all has been very good and reliable ever since!! :good:

What bits did you get and where did you get them from?

i got the 2 sealed units from my LFS, cost me £25each , and you just fit them to accomodate your tube length. the only thing inside the tank is the tube, the starters, and everything else sits on the floor behind the tank!

all you need to tdo is to take the old tubes out the juwel unit, and the white holders, cut the wires, and run the new wires through these holes, and screw the new tube ends to the existing juwel unit, and job done! took me about 1/2 hour, and its not broken yet!!

I finally gave in today and went and bought a new one from my LFS :crazy:

Most reactions

Back