Just sucked up one of my Corys!

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I just sucked up one of my Panda Corys in my 29g tank. I was cleaning the sand (as I usually do at night) and up the tube he goes! (Note, I just have the tube part, not the huge end some people use)

I have accidentally done this to my Betta "Ace" as well - kinds feel like I'm not learning? Thoughts?

(I managed to get him out of the super poopy/dirty water and back in the tank. He is super scared and breathing heavily. Finished my cleaning and did a 30% WC.

When you use just the smaller tube part it creates more suction, the larger part disperses the water and decreases the suction.
If you have the large part of tube id put it on and use that to decrease sucking up any more fish.
If not guess just be more careful i guess.
Hope your cory is ok

When you use just the smaller tube part it creates more suction, the larger part disperses the water and decreases the suction.
If you have the large part of tube id put it on and use that to decrease sucking up any more fish.
If not guess just be more careful i guess.
Hope your cory is ok
But I have sand. If I had gravel, I would totally use that. I've tried using it with sand and it doesn't work.

Update: He is doing good. Moving a bit more. I'm guessing he's just rattled.

But I have sand. If I had gravel, I would totally use that. I've tried using it with sand and it doesn't work.

Update: He is doing good. Moving a bit more. I'm guessing he's just rattled.
I have sand as well, just wave the tube in a circular motion above the sand to stir up the stuff on top of the sand and up goes the poop and stuff and hopefully no fish nor sand.

I just sucked up one of my Panda Corys in my 29g tank. I was cleaning the sand (as I usually do at night) and up the tube he goes! (Note, I just have the tube part, not the huge end some people use)

I have accidentally done this to my Betta "Ace" as well - kinds feel like I'm not learning? Thoughts?

(I managed to get him out of the super poopy/dirty water and back in the tank. He is super scared and breathing heavily. Finished my cleaning and did a 30% WC.
OMG! I sucked my betta, Tex up in my Python today. Scared the heck out of me. Had to switch the water back to fill to get him out. He has a bump on his side now but swimming OK. I hope he’s just swollen and nothing broken.

Again?! Last time you do this to your betta remember???

Most reactions

Back