Just Moved, Tank And All...

CytheFish

Reaction score
First off...... 8 mo Eclipse 24G tank, 5 TB's, 2 Blue Gourami, 1 Plec, 1 Pictus, and 1 fiesty she-Fiddler crab. 2/3rds planted 1/3 rd fake, bubble wall, Driftwood. Feed Bio Blend tropical, Blood Worms, frozen brine shrimp, and sinker disks ( fro the Pleco mainly).. Ok on to the move

2000X's easier than I thought it was going to be!

Removed all filtration, air pump, bubble wall, rocks, fake plants driftwood heater ect.
removed 20 G of water
Netted the TB's and the GOurami
Caught, by hand the Pleco (easy) and the Pictus (OUCH!!!)
Removed 10-20 lbs of gravel
Moved set up across the street to the new Flat

Reverse is true, substituting 10 G of Fresh water and a new filter media

I almost feel silly for being so worried about the move.

TIP for thoes who have 20-30 G tanks, when it came time to move the tank itself we just lifted the entire board the tank sits on. Bobs your uncle, no muss no fuss, tank in new Flat.

I post this if there is anyone out there about to do the same thing and are looking for advice, or to take questions or comments.

Hello

Glad your move went well :D .

Know how you feel, my boyfriend and I moved about a month ago and it took 2 days just to move the fish and the tanks and all their stuff, we were only going 100m down the road, but we did have a 4ft (216 litre) tank 3.5ft (160 litre) tank, 2ft (54 litre) tank and a 1ft (29 litre) tank.

We found as long as you were methodical, strip one down, move it and set it up and sort the fish out before trying to start something else it went fine, apart from the point when my boyfriend thought he had lost my Pakistani loaches, he couldn’t see them in their temporary tank anywhere and they weren’t on the floor around their tank, he was stumped, they had buried themselves in the sand at the bottom of the tank and he didn’t realise that they do this, I found it very funny :lol: .

Claire

Most reactions

Back