Just Finished Fishless Cycle And Added Some Fish, Quick Question

spooks

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just finished my fishless cycle the other day so I added some malawi cichlids yesterday and I just wanted to ask about the behavior of them. I have 4 yellow labs 2x blue acara's and a couple of others that I forgot the name of.

The fish seem very skittish, zipping around the tank all over the show and they seem to be swimming up and down the glass. Is this because they are still getting used to the environment or is something wrong? The water is fine and I added the fish using the correct method.

Thanks,

spooks.

Hi Spooks -- you tested the water and everything looks ok..... the fish are just excited and checking out their new digs. They're skittish because they aren't sure where "safe" is yet.... and the swimming up and down the glass bit is because they can't figure out the strange force field separating them from the really cool room behind it. :p

"really cool room"??

their freaking out mannn
lol imagine, sitting in your glass box for so long to be swooped up, tossed in a bag then dumped into a new glass box and all these HUGE UNKNOWN things are closing in on them, not to mention some knuckle dragger that keeps peering in their new house.

lil funny, when my kids were small and to keep them from rushing at the tanks we came up with the story from the fish's point of view.
WE being the knuckle dragging air breathers and the fish as their own colony of beings.
helped bunches, they appreciate the care & tenderness needed for animals now.

Most reactions

Back