Just been given a frog.......help!

AaronPenfound

Reaction score
I have just been given a tropical frog by my brothers mate, dont know what sort it is just that its all white. I have no idea what to feed it on and wat surroundings i need for it, seems to like hiding in my rock formation so not to bad......anyone got any helpful suggestions? :dunno:

Hi AaronPenfound :)

Is it an aquatic frog? If it lives underwater, and is an albino, it's an African Clawed Frog. :nod:

They're cute little guys, but there are a few things you will want to know. Click on the link in my signature to get lots of information and a few other links about them.

And, start asking questions. We're here to help you. :D

Could it not be an African Dwarf Frog also? I know theAfrican Dwarf and African Clawed are easy to mistake for each other, but they are very different frogs. I believe ADFs have webbed front feet, whereas the ACFs don't?

pendragon!

Hi pendragon :)

I don't think it could be an ADF, in this case, because there are no albino ADFs. If it's actually pink, it's an albino ACF.

Of course, if it really is white, then it's probably something else entirely. :dunno:

If it's properly white, it could just be a very very pale albino. ADFs don't come in an albino colour variation (although I've seen an unscrupulous shop try to change ADFs skin with chemicals. They got shut down eventually, on a separate welfare issue - injecting dye into dull-coloured fish...), and my Albino ACF is very pale, although not totally white.

Hi Samage :)

Is there no end to the horrible things some people will do to poor animals? :sick: I'm glad they were closed down, at least.

I never saw an albino ACF that was any color than pink, but I'm glad you mentioned it. I'll be on the lookout for a lighter one, now that I know such things can be found. :nod:

Most reactions

Back