Java Moss

cor2008

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got some java moss delivered to my work there and am wondering how long it will be ok out of water. Its in a sealed plastic bag. It was posted on monday - so been out of water about 4 days. Do I need to find a container or something to keep it wet until tonight or what would be the best way to go. It looks a small bit brown so would appreciate any help to keep it alive and well until i get home tonight.

Thanks

Hi,

Just got some java moss delivered to my work there and am wondering how long it will be ok out of water. Its in a sealed plastic bag. It was posted on monday - so been out of water about 4 days. Do I need to find a container or something to keep it wet until tonight or what would be the best way to go. It looks a small bit brown so would appreciate any help to keep it alive and well until i get home tonight.

Thanks

open the bag and put a bit ov water in :good:

Hi,

Thanks

open the bag and put a bit ov water in :good:

Will do straight away, thanks drewry :good:

Presuming you have no dechlor with you that will be cold chlorinated water you are dumping onto the moss then?
I don't know if that will affect it, (after all most people water their houseplants with tap water), but personally if it had been in the post since monday I'm not sure another few hours will have much effect either way.

Presuming you have no dechlor with you that will be cold chlorinated water you are dumping onto the moss then?
I don't know if that will affect it, (after all most people water their houseplants with tap water), but personally if it had been in the post since monday I'm not sure another few hours will have much effect either way.

wont affect it at all ive put freezing cold undechlol water in a tub and left it in freezing cold conditions outside and 2 be honest it seemed 2 have grown better than when it was in my tank lol

I put the moss in a lunch box with some luke warm unchlorinated water. I didnt actually think it would arrive until tomorrow so i was a bit unprepared. I have the moss and lunch box wraped in a big bit of cloth on the radiator but after reading your posts i think maybe thats a bit of overkill :lol:

I think ill move it away from the rad and maybe just add a bit of warm water every few hours or something (while trying not to let anybody see me walking around with a lunchbox full of moss :lol: )

Cheers for the replies

Most reactions

Back