Java Moss or Java Fern

nashnutny

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
-_- I am thinking of switching to live plants during the summer months. My silk plants are getting loaded with algae and it's a real chore getting that darn stuff off.

If I switch to live plants which would be the best... java moss or java fern. I have the moss in with the fry now and they seem to love it. I did convert a 2.5 mini bow to a temporary 4 betta compartment and added the java moss for the babies since they are used to it. Even with the smaller area they are so tiny and look lost. The cambo's seem to accept it while the reds are a bit upset about being confined.

You could use both or either. I started using java moss and they love it. I have yet to try Java Fern, but other people here use it and the fish love it.

Mine love their Java Ferns. They lay themselves out like little butterflies on the leaves and watch the world go by...and the more timid ones hide in the leaves. Dual purpose plants.

I put some sort of mini vallis in with one of my boys, it looks like a patch of grass, rooted on some plastic mesh. He has been investigating it since last night :rolleyes: :wub: He swims next to it rubbing his fins on it, then he goes and lays on top, then goes to the other side and rubs there. I used plastic plants before, but I will definatly get more live ones, they love it

Most reactions

Back