Java Fern

rfisher

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi All,

My Java Fern has these little nodule's on the underside of the leaves that have started to grow roots. Some of these nodules that have grown roots have also sprouted new leaves. I take it that this is the start of a new plant forming. How do I cut them off to replant them?

Thanks,

Rich

Hi All,

My Java Fern has these little nodule's on the underside of the leaves that have started to grow roots. Some of these nodules that have grown roots have also sprouted new leaves. I take it that this is the start of a new plant forming. How do I cut them off to replant them?

Thanks,

Rich

Yes indeed rich thats baby java you have there :hey:
You dont need to cut them off, just wait until they get a good usable size then jently pull them away from the main leaf, just make sure you have hold of as much of the baby plant and roots as is possible so not to leave any bits behind. They tend to come off really easy easy when they are ready. :D

Hi All,

Thanks,

Rich

You dont need to cut them off, just wait until they get a good usable size then jently pull them away from the main leaf, just make sure you have hold of as much of the baby plant and roots as is possible so not to leave any bits behind. They tend to come off really easy easy when they are ready. :D

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean when the reach a couple of inches or so or smaller/bigger?

Rich

Hi All,

Thanks,

Rich

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean when the reach a couple of inches or so or smaller/bigger?

Rich

They will normally float off on their own at under an inch long (tip of leaf to tip of root)

Most reactions

Back