🐠 TOTM Jacob the tank keeper - June 2023 Tank of the Month Winner (16 gal & smaller)

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
June 2023 Tank
of the Month Contest
We had 10 awesome tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Jacob the tank keeper
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description
img20230602164926-jpg.319413
This is my 5 Gal betta tank, it's 12x8x12.
This tank is dirted, with a cheap 5 watt led.
I don't use any ferts, and this is no co2.
My betta named Artis lives here, he is a unique copper and is the only one with this coloration among his siblings.
I feed him betta food 2 times per day, fasting him on saturdays and giving him live treats on sundays (Mosquito Larvae, Daphnia, Brine Shrimp) depending what I have on my hands. I don't do water changes, I only top up whenever needed.
The plants I have here are
Jungle Val, Pearlweed, Hygrophilia Corymbosa Stricta, Cypt. Brown, Cabomba, and Microsword. The tank is exactly a month old today!

Last edited:
Congrats!! Well deserved win!

Congrats to @Jacob the tank keeper with his 5 gallon beautifully scaped tank. Great job Jacob 👍
Coming in second place is @TheLavenderBadger with her 5 gallon perfectly set up Betta tank. Any Betta would love to live in your tank.
Coming in third place is @connorlindeman with their 10 gallon densely planted beautiful tank.
And finishing in fourth place is @Morganna with their nicely aquascaped 10 gallon tank. Nice going, @Morganna.

Thanks to all who participated in this Tank of the Month contest. We hope to see more members enter future contests.

Right now we are accepting entries in our Fish of the Month contest which is featuring Bettas. If you have a Betta, we hope to see you entering the contest.
To view the entry thread, CLICK HERE

Last edited:
Congrats!! Well deserved.

Is there a rule about submitting the same tank in consecutive contests? One of those tanks was the winner a few months ago. Seems like there should be some sort of rule about submitting a winning tank into another contest so soon.

That is not the same tank.
I have two separate tanks next to each other.
I have a killifish tank, and a Gourami tank.
Different tanks.
This is the tank that won 3rd place this month:
This is the tank that won 1st place:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not the same tank.
I have two separate tanks next to each other.
I have a killifish tank, and a Gourami tank.
Different tanks.
This is the tank that won 3rd place this month:
This is the tank that won 1st place:
They literally look the same

They literally look the same
Different foreground plants.
This tank only has Hornwort, Dwarf sag, few moneywort plants.
The other tank(1st place tank) has Ludwigia, Bacopa, Hornwort, Pygmy Chain Swords, and Temple Plant.
Both tanks also have completely different stock.

Most reactions

Back