Jack's DEAD =(

BettaMomma

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I have no idea how...
I have NO idea why...
I gave everyone water changes tonight.
I KNOW he had dechlor - I did everything EXACTLY the same as always.
I was going around with peas for bedtime snack and I got to Jack and he was stuck upside down in his plant. I dropped the peas and shook his tank a little bit and he started flying around the tank upside down.

Now he's gone.

I have no idea how...I have no idea why...

And yes, I am 110% positive I put in dechlorinator.
I just don't understand it.
He was PERFECTLY healthy and snarfed down his supper just 30 short minutes ago.

I DON'T GET IT.....
:-(

I'm just completely stunned.
I can't believe he could go that fast.
He was perfectly healthy and happy.

I don't get what happened.

BettaMomma said:
I'm just completely stunned.
I can't believe he could go that fast.
He was perfectly healthy and happy.

I don't get what happened.
Maybe he had a heart attack?

Could it have been from old age? Maybe you just saw him stressing out because he knew he was about to die--even though it was from natural causes. Is this possible? How old was he?

Don't be too sad--its not like you didn't take care of him better than 999 out of 1000 people who keep bettas do... Don't be sad :)

I have NO idea.
He was perfectly fine about 25 minutes ago.
There's not one physical sign on him whatsoEVER that gives me a clue about what happened. I just have no idea what happened.
none.

I'm just... stunned.
It's one thing when you know they're going to die, so you can - you know - give them the little speech about how much you loved em and when it's time to go you'll understand, etc. etc. but NOTHING.

I keep thinking that i'm gonna wake up and this will be one of those retarded little dreams. :(

maybe someone sprayed something near him by accident? Or maybe it was old age...

I'm sorry momma...

EDIT: maybe his water could've been to hot or cold?

alabaster said:
Could it have been from old age? Maybe you just saw him stressing out because he knew he was about to die--even though it was from natural causes. Is this possible? How old was he?

Don't be too sad--its not like you didn't take care of him better than 999 out of 1000 people who keep bettas do... Don't be sad :)
I suppose it could have been old age - he was very big. We got him from WalMart only a couple of months ago, but he was pretty big when we got him from there.

I am RELIGIOUS about not using ANY kind of lotions, sprays, cleaning stuff, I don't even use anything but hot water to clean my entire kitchen because that's where I do my water changes so I don't think anything like that could have happened.

I"m so sad :(

mlee0332 said:
maybe someone sprayed something near him by accident? Or maybe it was old age...

I'm sorry momma...

EDIT: maybe his water could've been to hot or cold?
The temp was a perfectly matched 78 degrees.

:/

I'm so sorry! RIP Jack. :-(

I was going to suggest lotion, soap or perfume on your hand or the food or something but you answered that.

Since you found him in his plant maybe he got stuck and drowned? Seems odd but it can happen I guess.

Everyone loves you bettamomma (and your bettas). My guess is that it was probably from old age. I doubt it was disease or an accident on your part.

Most reactions

Back