It Looks Like A Leech

tinystars

Reaction score
It probably is a leech but it kinda creeps me out the i found it in my shrimp/ snail tank. I bought some new plants about a month or 2 ago and today i found what looks like a leech. It scares me cause there are probably more and they have been feeding on my poor pleco and snails.

hey also does anyone know how to get rid of any lingering leeches i have not found yet? I just read some leeches don't eat blood but eat small invertebrates whole. That means they could be eating my cherry shrimp and any offspring my snails might produce. I was excited because i thought i had saw a tiny snail on a plant but haven't seen any recently.

got a picture?
I don't have a picture I've seen more in the aquarium though and i am freaked out. Leeches are so disgusting and they are invading my shrimp tank. I see them burrowing in the gravel. I just don't know what to do! I cant get all my shrimp out they are tiny and most of the time i can't even see them but if i just sit around and do nothing the leeches may destroy all my shrimp and snails.

I would do some VERY good gravel vacs. Do them daily to try to get as many of them as you can out.

what snails have you got?

if the leech looks like a snail without a shell and moves like a caterpilla it's a snail leech - my mate has them in her shrimp tank , not noticed any affect on the numbers of shrimps but they have wiped out most of her ramshorn snails - that had become pests

what snails have you got?

if the leech looks like a snail without a shell and moves like a caterpilla it's a snail leech - my mate has them in her shrimp tank , not noticed any affect on the numbers of shrimps but they have wiped out most of her ramshorn snails - that had become pests

They are apple snails. The leeches have been crawling around on the glass some too. i don't know it they crawl like caterpillars. they also wriggle around and swim in the water when i see one i try to get it out but I'm not always successful. Thanks for all the advice. I really hope my snails will be okay i havent seen any leeches on the snails so hopefully they will be okay until i fix this problem.

Most reactions

Back