It Comes Out In The Dark...

leo77

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I installed my new night light this afternoon and turned it on after dark, not long and this worm came creeping out... :crazy: surely that thing cant be good...look at it! Should he be or does he need to go?
DSC01393.jpg

a not so good pic of the night light
DSC01391.jpg

Thank you

Looks like a bristleworm.
Not the usual coloour form from what i can see but there are many many species of bristleworms and most are harmless.

Thanks, what does those worms eat and do they only come out in darkness?

They are really good to have in your tank as they eat poo n stuff :good:

Just be careful though as they can sting (as I found out the hard way last week)

BTW if you have seen one in your tank then you probably have 10!! They hide away all day and come out at night to clean up for you. :)

All sorts of creatures come out of your rock at night, most of them scary!

Yeah, looks like a bristleworm, be careful if picking up your rocks, as sianeds can testify, they can sting.

I dont mind it being there aslong as it does something productive and will not harm the others in the aquarium.

The only thing most bristleworms will harm is unwary fingers :crazy:

Definately a good addition to your CUC. I'd leave him be :good:

If we happen to meet one day then so be it, Im sure we will be friends :hyper:

They are excellant scavengers.
These creatures are usually blamed for killing fish as they are usually seen eating the body when the lights come up in the morning. they have no grasping jaws and canonly rasp so its more liekly that the fish died in the night and they simplyhomein onthe corpse. As has been said they are ecellant ot have in the tank.. if you have 1 then you canbe sure you got lot more than that. they also keep the snd clean and the lvierock freen fromclogging up.

They are excellant scavengers.
These creatures are usually blamed for killing fish as they are usually seen eating the body when the lights come up in the morning. they have no grasping jaws and canonly rasp so its more liekly that the fish died in the night and they simplyhomein onthe corpse. As has been said they are ecellant ot have in the tank.. if you have 1 then you canbe sure you got lot more than that. they also keep the snd clean and the lvierock freen fromclogging up.

Most reactions

Back