Is This Ok ?

richrich

Reaction score
Hello,

Brand new here and trying to learn a lot...

I am looking at my first tropical setup and like the look of a corner tank. I have found a package deal that is a 190 L tank and stand that comes with a Fluval 205 external pump/filter as well as lights, gravel and heating element. From what I have read so far, the only other thing I need (to start with) is some de-clorification treatment for the initial fill up and I am ready to get the tank started in its cycle. I am looking at the fishless cycle to get it started.

I am going to ignore the fish stocking decisions at the moment to ensure I go slow and get the tank all set up and working just right before looking at stocking it. Once I have done the relevant tests as descibed on here and confirm the levels are all right, I will look at what to stock it with.

Is there anything I am missing or need to know in order to just get the tank up and running

(I appreciate i will need things like gravel hoses and other small bits in due course)

Thanks
Rich

Definitely invest in a liquid test kit (API Master Test kit is a good one). If you are going with the fishless cycle, be very cautious about what kind of ammonia you purchase... ingredients should only be ammonia and water. NO surfactants, dyes, perfumes, etc.

That all sounds right. I am sure you know this but do not forget to put ammonia in the tank when doing a fishless cycle.

Most reactions

Back