Is This For Real?

McCool

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Screenshot_2012-09-29-13-21-01.png

Got it from Walmart for 10 bucks. 75Watts? Is that even possible for a 24" bulb?

It's only 17 watts. The claim is that its as bright as a 75 watt incandescent bulb, but only uses 17 watts. So on a 10 gallon tank it would give you 1.7 watts per gallon, not 7.5

It's only 17 watts. The claim is that its as bright as a 75 watt incandescent bulb, but only uses 17 watts. So on a 10 gallon tank it would give you 1.7 watts per gallon, not 7.5

Was afraid of that :/
Can anyone recommend me a good light? Tank is 55 gallon and already has thirty Watts. Looking for moderate lighting. Really trying to do this cheap. Can't use another hood or anything, so it needs to be something I can mount into my canopy.

watts is not a measurement of light it is a measurement of electricity. It is perfectly possible for a 17w lamp to produce the equivalent light output as that of a 75w incandescent lamp. you need to look out for lumens or par or rarely even pur these are the measurments that concern the light output. my 50w led puts out more lumens than my 150w halide just as a guide ;)

Most reactions

Back