Is This An Sae Or Isn't It?!

shirlz

Reaction score
I picked up a couple of these today after waiting ages to find them. I researched for a long time in the hope that I could identify the Siamese Algae Eater and not end up with a Flying Fox or Chinese Algae Eater. Did I get it right?
april-may084.jpg

april-may094.jpg

well its def not a chinese algae eater and its looks absolutely nothing like my flying fox, so i'd say you got it spot on

You know, i used to have the SAE's i don't like them, they don't clean my tanks for crap. the CAE's tho, i have just a FEW of those and the clean the tank to the extreme, i havnt had algae in my tank in ages. and when they are done with the tank, they move on to the shells of my snails! i have golden mystery snails that used to be green snails, now even their shells are perfectly clean!

It looks like a SAE to me since it has whiskers/barbels and a rather RTBS (Red Tail Black Shark) like mouth instead of the large sucker mouth that CAE's have- also its patterning is very clear/well-defined (not all blotchy and marbled that is common in CAE's) and the black stripe runs from the tip of its nose to the very end of its tail fin.

Most reactions

Back