Is This A Rare Female Fighter Or A Bit Of Sales Bs ?

LJEV

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought this female fighter today " Jules " and was told it was a rare heart tail fighter, not many about blah, blah, blah and just wondered if anyone on hear agreed. I`m not bothered if you say no she`s as common as they come as I think she looks great.
Now I`ve just got to choose who gets her in his tank, the now re-juvenated ( since I evicted the angels and gouramis ) Freddy or Phoenix.

Attachments

• my 3 fighters 1.jpg
    my 3 fighters 1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 64
These are actually "faulty" double tails, but highly sought after.

So yes, your betta is some what rare. Very pretty one too! :good:

From "indodragon.com"

Heart Tail

Heart Tail Betta splendens are actually a type of Double Tail. The split of the double tail only occurs at the outer edge of the caudal creating a notch in the tail forming a heart shape. Although this strain is just a "faulty" Double Tail, it is highly sought after. Many people trying to develop this strain end up with true complete Double-tails.

i'm not sure if she's rare, but i will commend you photography. :good:

These are actually "faulty" double tails, but highly sought after.

So yes, your betta is some what rare. Very pretty one too! :good:

From "indodragon.com"

Heart Tail

Heart Tail Betta splendens are actually a type of Double Tail. The split of the double tail only occurs at the outer edge of the caudal creating a notch in the tail forming a heart shape. Although this strain is just a "faulty" Double Tail, it is highly sought after. Many people trying to develop this strain end up with true complete Double-tails.
:good: Thats great, thanks for the post
I do actually trust what this lfs tells me unlike some others I`ve been to. I don`t mind the "faulty" tag it just makes her that bit more unique and who knows maybe in the future I could have my own batch of heart tails, not that I would have a clue where to start breeding Bettas, I`ll just enjoy watching her for now.

very pretty :wub:
Been reading your posts, sorry to hear all the problems you`ve been having. :/ I so far havn`t lost a fish, but I`ve not been at it long, but from reading other posts it seems to be a snowball effect, when 1 fish gets sick, so does another and another etc no mater how you keep on top of things.
Hopefully my bad times are way off and short lived, it`s amazing how attached you get.
I Hope all your fish get well soon :good:

very pretty :wub:
Been reading your posts, sorry to hear all the problems you`ve been having. :/ I so far havn`t lost a fish, but I`ve not been at it long, but from reading other posts it seems to be a snowball effect, when 1 fish gets sick, so does another and another etc no mater how you keep on top of things.
Hopefully my bad times are way off and short lived, it`s amazing how attached you get.
I Hope all your fish get well soon :good:

thanks mate :)

yeah i was wondering about you just sticking her in with the male (whichever one she takes a shine to :hey: )

nice little betta,i hope your not just planning on placing her in either one of there tanks?
The plan is for her to go in one tomorrow. I`ve got a floating trap and I`ve been told by my lfs to float her in that to see how each male reacts to her, if no or little reaction it should be ok but they did say there is always risks with Bettas and to keep an eye on them for a while.
Does this sound like a good way for them to get to know each other or would you suggest otherwise.
Please advise as obviously I don`t want to lose any of these fish.

No sorry not a good idea, you are best keeping all three singular, then when your ready and have enough storage for fry then try breeding, betta's are a hard species to bred and are best either kept in singles or what they call a soriorty, a group of females, but never male/male or male/female, i did the same as you when i started and it ended in disaster, go to the betta sub page, and do lots of reading before,

No sorry not a good idea, you are best keeping all three singular, then when your ready and have enough storage for fry then try breeding, betta's are a hard species to bred and are best either kept in singles or what they call a soriorty, a group of females, but never male/male or male/female, i did the same as you when i started and it ended in disaster, go to the betta sub page, and do lots of reading before,
will do, thanks

oh no dont do that mate. read what experts have to say on this forum. never rely on anything that a lfs employee tells you - theyre more interested in seeing your cash (seeing your betta die from incorrect advice and going to buy another :blink: )

As always thanks for the advice. For now they are all in seperate tanks. I`ve just read a bit about breeding Bettas, it sounds a proper pain in the backside, very time consuming, so I`m in no rush to go down that road just yet :blink:

I wouldn't at all mate unless your 100% dedicated,i know someone who breds betta's...takes so much time and effort, sometimes he talks of packing it in,
I have bred a few species of fish, and unless your hearts 100% into fish keeping it will put you off, so id reccomend, firstly keeping fish safely and enjoying them, then if your still into fish, buy that time you will have found what sort of fish your really into. for example my preferences are channa<snakeheads> south and central american fish esp cichlids and predatory carachins...

Most reactions

Back