Is This A Good Tank ?

dannyboi91

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquarium-1/fish-tanks/cabinet-aquarium-fish-tanks/cabinet-fish-tank-aquarium-200-litres-100cm-3-3ft-four-colours.html

just wondering your opinions on this tank and how easy it would be to add external filtration. would i even need external filtration with this tank or is the top tray filter good enough

I thought about buying one myself but something kept putting me off. I got the feeling they are maybe a bit cheaply made

Where are you based, you could probably pick up a good used tank

I asked about these tanks before. Apparently they aren't very good build. :/

My lighting is from allpond solutions. I am extremely happy with it,the price was good.
Quality is not bad but there's better out there.
Honestly the materials look cheap,its been working fine so no major complaints there. But for the actual tank i suggest buy some quality stuff. Because those glasses are the only thing between you and disaster.
I know its not cheap,god knows how long i had to save to get mine.

When I was told about the quality, I decided to upgrade to the Juwel Rio 180 or 240 because they are good quality and good for price compared to other brands and tanks IMO (just add an external filter like eheim or tetratec to Rios, depending on your stocking wishes) OR look for second hand on eBay and so. I'm saving up and going with both options. Seapets is good for new. Google buying search is good too.

My tank is a fluval roma 240.got it from seapets too. Its been a good tank so far.

Iv had an all pond solution external filter that was great for the price. Although their tanks are a completely different story. A member on here bought 1 and did a review thread on it. He said the silicone was a bit tacky bit not really noticeable when the tanks full but the stand was terrible quality and he would not buy another 1.

If I were you I'd buy a used tank. You get so much for far less than new. All my tanks have been used.

Iv had a juwel vision 180 and 260

A rio 180 and 400

And a couple of clear seal tanks

Was running 5 tanks at one time with 3 being the juwels. Great tanks.

I'm only running my jewel rio 400 (south american cichids) and a 150 litre clearseal tank (mississippi turtles) with over tank lighting lighting. Sold the rest along with all the fish including snakeheads, red belly piranha and old world cichlids

The rio 400 is my latest purchase, it's the newer version so it's 450 litre. (151x66x51cm). It came with the stand, sand, bogwood, 2 300 watt heater, a fluval fx5 filter, magnet glass cleaner, syphin for sand vac, nets, timer for the lights, all lights in the unit were working fine. It's in as new condition. Had it all for £200 :)

Since then iv only changed what iv wanted which is sand to black sand, bought a background, bought 2 tetratec external filters to replace the terrible looking fx5 and iv just ordered a hydor external heater to replace the internals for less clutter in the tank. Even with all this its still only cost a total of around £460.

If you're looking at new, the vision is more than the rio for the same amount. I THINK the only difference is curved glass. I may be wrong.

Rio 180 - £295.95
Vision 180 - £427.95

But yes, I haven't bought a second hand tank but if the chance arises, I'd buy one over a new one because you save a lot of money. :good:

IMO the rio is the better of the 2. Like I said iv had both the rio and vision 180 and a vision 260 and rio 400.

The visions make your fish look a bit funny because of the curved glass on the front.

Your not losing anything in means of tank volume. They are both 180 litres

Iv had an all pond solution external filter that was great for the price. Although their tanks are a completely different story. A member on here bought 1 and did a review thread on it. He said the silicone was a bit tacky bit not really noticeable when the tanks full but the stand was terrible quality and he would not buy another 1.

If I were you I'd buy a used tank. You get so much for far less than new. All my tanks have been used.

Iv had a juwel vision 180 and 260

A rio 180 and 400

And a couple of clear seal tanks

Was running 5 tanks at one time with 3 being the juwels. Great tanks.

I'm only running my jewel rio 400 (south american cichids) and a 150 litre clearseal tank (mississippi turtles) with over tank lighting lighting. Sold the rest along with all the fish including snakeheads, red belly piranha and old world cichlids

The rio 400 is my latest purchase, it's the newer version so it's 450 litre. (151x66x51cm). It came with the stand, sand, bogwood, 2 300 watt heater, a fluval fx5 filter, magnet glass cleaner, syphin for sand vac, nets, timer for the lights, all lights in the unit were working fine. It's in as new condition. Had it all for £200 :)

Since then iv only changed what iv wanted which is sand to black sand, bought a background, bought 2 tetratec external filters to replace the terrible looking fx5 and iv just ordered a hydor external heater to replace the internals for less clutter in the tank. Even with all this its still only cost a total of around £460.
wow where did u find that bargain???

Most reactions

Back