Is This A Good Price For A Skimmer?

RegalTang

Reaction score
Hello,

I am collecting parts as I am setting up a tank and I was wondering, is £70 a good price for a used fully working V2 800 Skimmer?

Thanks guys

i think it is a good price. :good: im buying a v2 400 skimmer (new) for £65 from www.reefstore.co.uk :good:

They do! they come with a rio pump that is pretty bad if not maintained well. If you download the instructions from the TMC web page it will say how much the reccomended flow rate is. So long as the pump you are getting is around that mark you will be fine. I noticed a fair few up for sale with cheapo ebay pumps on them as the rio had obviouslt packed up.

sorry to intrude, but would anybody mind answering if skimmers are silent or not? or is it a case of the costly ones are and the cheapo's are not?

some are and some are not i know that the v2 400 skimmer is silent because when i went to the lfs they had a tank setup with one on it and it was not very loud. there was a bit of noise. :good: but if you had the tv on or if it is in your bedroom you could still get to sleep and you could still have the tv on with out a load of noise coming from your tank

some are and some are not i know that the v2 400 skimmer is silent because when i went to the lfs they had a tank setup with one on it and it was not very loud. there was a bit of noise. :good: but if you had the tv on or if it is in your bedroom you could still get to sleep and you could still have the tv on with out a load of noise coming from your tank

I ahve this skimmer and it's not silent - it's pretty quiet but not silent. Attaching an air hose to the inlet helps quieten it down a bit :)

And OP that is a good price.

Don't think you will ever find a silent skimmer no matter how much you spend! My deltec 600 is fairly quiet but there is still a constant humm and water trickle noise

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back