Is this a good buy?

The August FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Found this driftwood lot on my local Facebook marketplace. They are selling the whole lot for $30. Never heard of Caspian wood, which is supposedly what that big stump is. The Malaysian driftwood is epic though!
16E39AA3-B8B2-4F50-8E66-EF4488784B1A.jpeg

i think thats a good buy. I would boil in water for a while to kill any bacteria and to release the tanins.( if there are any still in there) Looks good though!
Most of it is unused! Brand new, but sitting in storage for a while. The Malaysian driftwood was used, but I don’t think I have a pot large enough to boil it. Not sure how true it is, but I heard somewhere that no fish related disease can survive a complete dry out

Rinse it well and soak it all in a container of water for a few weeks. Change the water daily to make sure no chemicals or bad stuff has gotten onto it while it was sitting around.

Rinse it well and soak it all in a container of water for a few weeks. Change the water daily to make sure no chemicals or bad stuff has gotten onto it while it was sitting around.
Sounds like a plan!

Most of it is unused! Brand new, but sitting in storage for a while. The Malaysian driftwood was used, but I don’t think I have a pot large enough to boil it. Not sure how true it is, but I heard somewhere that no fish related disease can survive a complete dry out
def worth it, that one stump thing is prob more than 30

Found this driftwood lot on my local Facebook marketplace. They are selling the whole lot for $30. Never heard of Caspian wood, which is supposedly what that big stump is. The Malaysian driftwood is epic though!View attachment 148177
iu
this is casipan, looks like yours, very stumpy (i think this is not trimmed)

Most reactions

Back