Is there a difference in nematodes?

Beastije

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I am asking because I have a microworm culture, walter worm culture and may get my hands on a banana worm culture soon.
Is there realistically difference for the fish in nutrients or is it like saying chicken from a different breed?

I am asking because of my indostomus paradoxus. I feed them twice a week hatched bbs, but the rest of the week just the worms. I do have seed shrimp in the tank, but they are at the surface and quite fast, and from past experience, indostomus will not go for fast food. I tried super tiny mosquito larvae I sifted throguh bbs sieves and they didnt touch it. I ofcourse have a lot of leaf litter, so one would assume infusoria, and I lately will squirt SMALL amount of my paramecium culture to the tank.
I just wonder if my diet is too one sided for the fish. I saw several breeding behavior but no fry, and other people who have kept them in a species only tank had fry fairly quickly. I wonder if it is the food or the shrimp colony. I highly doubt indostomus eat freshly hatched shrimp, because the colony is growing too quick for that.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. The smaller worms cultured for fish food have the same or very similar nutritional value. The main difference is in the size of the actual worms, which may be better for younger fry or slightly older fry.

Most reactions

Back