Is My Sowrtail Preggers?

Fish911

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got i male and i female swordtail from the pet store about a week ago. The female has a really dark spot on her back but i dont know if she is preggers or not? She isnt that fat thought? It wont let me post the pic so i will email it to anyone who wants to help!

Some keep the gravid spot all the time, then some will nover show a gravid spot.

Just keep an eye on her and every 28-35 days you should be expecting fry if she get fat.
Some fish will not produce fry after a move for several months, so let us know how she get's on.

Some keep the gravid spot all the time, then some will nover show a gravid spot.

Just keep an eye on her and every 28-35 days you should be expecting fry if she get fat.
Some fish will not produce fry after a move for several months, so let us know how she get's on.
okay! But i want to keep her away from the other fish when she gives birth becuase i want all the babys to survie.

To be honest your be lucky the first time, but as soon as she become slightly anti socerial this is a sign that she's close to giving birth.

What you want to aim for is to have the female trapped for a short a period as possible, if you using a net or small breeding trap.

Most reactions

Back