Is My Ram Depressed?

Fintastic!

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a bolivian ram that I only have a couple of weeks. I bought two buy one died last week (got stuck behind my wood). He's hiding in a cave most of the time and not doing much. This may be a stupid question buy do they get fed up? I'm on the lookout for a buddy for him. I'm hoping to find a female but are two males ok together if I make a mistake?

Got him a little buddy today. A beauty. I suspect it's a male. My fella couldn't wait til I took him out of the bag so he could have a go at him. He's been chasing him around and nipping at his fins. I'll give it a day or two and hope it settles down. Maybe he's only asserting his dominance.

yeah give it a few days.i have 2 rams a male & female and they go everywhere together.now and then the female will ram the male but they get on really well.maybe if it does not work out then you could try adding a female.

The transformation in my shy, depressed fella was hilarious. He has decided that the opposite end of the tank where the rock is is now his territory. He was swimming madly around it and flicking the sand up with his head and chasing everyone away, even the corys. Then he'd remember the 'intruder' and go off looking for him so he could bully him into submission. Think I'll call him Rambo.
Today seems to be a lot better, so far anyway. He's keeping an eye on the newcomer but not as aggressive. He even let him near the rock this morning. I'll watch them over the next few days as I don't want either of them to be stressed. Hopefully they'll settle as I don't want to return the newbie. He's a beauty. I'm assuming he's a he.

if u put some decent photos up the ppl here might be able to sex them for u if u wanted help with that

:blush: I still haven't managed to post pics. I'll figure it out someday.

If you look in the memebers pics section there is a video guide on how to add pics - its pretty good :)

Fish do miss each other IMO but dont let it over shadow a physical illness which could be more common. Is the older one eating okay? Any signs of disease, skinny? Red streaks in body or fins? Stringy white poop? I dont mean to panic you but its best to rule it out rather than just put it down to missing the other one.

Wills

No marks or strange poo Wills. He has really settled down. They spend some of the time chilling on opposite ends of the tank and then they swim around together for a while so I think all is well with them. They both spend a lot of time around the front of the tank which the older one never did, though in saying that I only have him a few weeks. I've seen the post on the pics and I keep meaning to get round to following it.
Thanks a million guys! :good:

Most reactions

Back