Is My Heater Working?

noodles

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
just upgraded my tank, have a new 150W visitherm heater that is behaving curiously! The light never goes off on it, but yet the temperature of the water is around 23.5/24 deg (even after a night with no tank lights on). My room temperature is no more than 19 deg, so whats going on? I have the old 50 w heater from my old tank, should I put this in as a temp measure and take the new heater back? the size of the tank is 90 litres.

do visitherm heaters always keep their lights on?

Air pumps, sunlight, and filters all add heat to your tank. Its probably not too unusual to have a tank warmer than the room around it for that reason. Another thought is the light could be burnt out, but the heater still working ( i think thats how they work ). Either way, they make most heaters pretty cheaply so they often are doa

I have a Visitherm 50 and the light definitely goes off when the water is at the correct temp. What do you have the temp. set to on your Visitherm?

I have a Visitherm 50 and the light definitely goes off when the water is at the correct temp. What do you have the temp. set to on your Visitherm?
If in any doubt take it back and change it.

took it back and changed it. on closer inspection there was a break in the wire! so it was never going to work! new one in and working perfectly!

Most reactions

Back