Is my guppy on its way out?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Joey333

Reaction score
I purchased two guppies and sadly one died, I caught one of our platys going for its tail and the guppy managed to find an hiding place however that same night it passed away.

They seemed to leave the other one alone (Annoyingly, this was before my “quarantine” tank was ready so there wasn’t anything I could do at the time but hope it would be ok in hiding until I could move it).

Over the last few days, the other guppy has been staying at the bottom of the tank and I’ve noticed it’s now lost some of its tail… thankfully the other tank is ready so I have moved it there.
It seems very sorry for itself, and I’ve read that they prefer being in groups so will look to purchase more as soon as I can. However I wonder if it’s too little too late? It’s not eating and seems lethargic unless spooked.

All other fish in the main tank are doing well, we did a 50% water change yesterday and levels all looking ok. But guppy is still very sad looking today.

Main tank is a 252l, with 2 fantails, 2 black moor, 4 platy and 2 Cory. Lots of live plants and hiding places, two long large air stones.

Any advice or experiences would be welcomed! I’d love to save this poor little thing (no idea if male or female unfortunately- any clues on that would be great too!)

Attachments

• IMG_1430.jpeg
    IMG_1430.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 15

Most reactions

Back