Is My Guppie Preggnant?

C477um

Reaction score
Hi :D

Ive Got 1 Male Guppy And 3 Female And im Not Sure If They Are Pregnant :S
Ive Like Researched But I Just Get Confused -_-

All Of My Females Have The Spot Thing
But 1 Of Them Is Just Like Staying At The Top Of The Water - She Ha The Biggest Spot - Not Mixing With The Other Guppies ( she is still alive by the way :lol: )
And The Other 2 Are Still I Believe To Be Mating :hey:

So Can Any1 Help :(
Are They Pregnant?

thnx

Can you get a picture on here?

Not The Best Of Pictures :/
But Thats What U Get When U Swim With A Phone

U End Up With An Old 1 :lol:

have you got any marbles? put a layer of them in the tank, but make sure there touching!

Ive Got A Drawer Full :lol:

But My Tank Has Gravely Pebbely Things In It :huh:

Attachments

• Photo_00672.jpg
    Photo_00672.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Photo_00662.jpg
    Photo_00662.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 43
shes preggs but can you get a view from above?

What About My Other 2 Female They Have The Same Kind Of Spot But Are Still Swimming About?

Again Not The Best Pic :S

Attachments

• Photo_0068.jpg
    Photo_0068.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 53
she looks as though she has just become pregnant, she is not that fat, keep an eye on her and when she looks like shes going to explode, or starts to square off then put her in the breeding net

she looks as though she has just become pregnant, she is not that fat, keep an eye on her and when she looks like shes going to explode, or starts to square off then put her in the breeding net

Ok Thank You Very Much :d:D:D

My Other GuppY Has tarted To Stay At The Top
And The Male Guppy Has Started To Harras It :(

I think one thing to remember is they are pretty much always going to have a gravid spot, so you can't go by that when trying to judge about fry. However, if you can start to see little eyes in there, then she is getting pretty close. I agree that the one pictured has a ways to go before she will drop, probably at least a couple weeks. An exception would be if she is a fairly young female, in which case they usually don't get too fat or have too many fry for their first few pregnancies.

Male Guppies usually kind of harass the females, just because they are so pushy. Just make sure you have at least 2-3 females per male, and make sure the females have some places to hide to get away. Even some rock formations, wood, plants, anything where they can find cover is good. If this male is relentless on just one of the females, you might want to move her to another tank if that is an option. If she gets too stressed out, this can be detrimental to her pregnancy and she might drop early or something similar. :)

My Guppie Has A WhitE Thing on The Top Of It :(

My Dad Said Its Fungus

But I Think Its The Male Gupiie Atacking It :crazy: :(

Most reactions

Back