Is my fish bread?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bubbler

Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to this whole thing and I just tried to breed this swordtail fish, but I don't know if it got bread. Oh, and I also read this thing about a breeder box. Do I need one?

I'm not sure what you mean? Bread? Like food?

What size tank do you have?

Of you want to breed swordtails just put males and females in the same tank (ratio of 1 male: 2 females) please make sure the tank is large enough, for them and the fry when they get bigger

They will do the rest.

If you want the fry to survive put lots of plants, especially floating plants for the fry to hide when they are born.

No you dont need a breeding box, they are actually very bad for the fish and can kill them

What size tank do you have?

Of you want to breed swordtails just put males and females in the same tank (ratio of 1 male: 2 females) please make sure the tank is large enough, for them and the fry when they get bigger

They will do the rest.

If you want the fry to survive put lots of plants, especially floating plants for the fry to hide when they are born.

No you dont need a breeding box, they are actually very bad for the fish and can kill them
Ok, Thank you!

What sized tank do you have? They need at least 30 gallons and the tank will quickly become overrun with fry
Ok, Thank you!

Is my fish bread?
Your fish might be toast but not bread :)

Sorry, couldn't resist picking on your spelling :)

I think they meant bred, eg: their fish bred and now they are expecting little ones :)

Bread? Never seen fish bread but they make goldfish crackers. :). How about bred?

Bread? Never seen fish bread but they make goldfish crackers. :). How about bred?
Yum goldfish crackers:) lol when I'm helping in childcare and the kiddos have that as a snack I may or may not steal some...

Most reactions

Back