Invert Tank

It all depends on what else you was planning to keep in the tank with them ie. fish, corals, other inverts etc etc?

Are you meaning one or the other, or both together, and by "red legged crab" are you referring to the red legged hermit crab? Lyden is probably right for the 10g range, but Emerald crabs can outgrow <10g tanks (I've seen some awfully large individuals in stores that have a 3" carapace - too big for a 5g tank IMO).

I ment live rock and two crabs. I thought the name of the particular crab was the red legged. I saw it at my lfs. It was perched on a rock. It was red and black and looked a lot like a turantuala? I thought it was quite amusing looking. Its not at my lfs anymore.... and I can't find pictures of it. :crazy:

Are you meaning one or the other, or both together, and by "red legged crab" are you referring to the red legged hermit crab? Lyden is probably right for the 10g range, but Emerald crabs can outgrow <10g tanks (I've seen some awfully large individuals in stores that have a 3" carapace - too big for a 5g tank IMO).

eeeee no thanks on the emerald then :blink:

Hmmm...was the red-legged one a type of arrow crab by chance?

Most reactions

Back