Into another dimension

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

gwand

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I bought 18 dwarf emerald raspora a few days ago and placed them in my 10 gallon tank. This group of nano fish immediately disappeared into the aquatic plants of the tank. I haven’t seen hide nor hair nor scale of any of them since they were placed in the tank. This is sort of spooky.
IMG_1064.jpeg

I don't know your fish but 18 of anything in a 10 gallon tank seems like too much however I may well get corrected on this in relation to your fish.

It is possible that the beasties are just hiding while getting over stress and acclimating to a new environment.

I don't know your fish but 18 of anything in a 10 gallon tank seems like too much however I may well get corrected on this in relation to your fish.

It is possible that the beasties are just hiding while getting over stress and acclimating to a new environment.
It’s a quarantine tank. But the little guys are about 1/4 inch long. They will end up in a 20 gallon long post quarantine.

I can see losing track of tiny fish even in a small planted Q tank. I got 6 spotted dwarf boraras rasboras once also in a 10g. I never saw more than a couple. But I kept them with cherry shrimp with lots of plants; same size, same color. They were hard to see at the best of times. I felt awful when, after thinking they'd died out, I saw 1 very skinny rasbora.

Most reactions

Back