Internal Or External Filter

dobo68

Reaction score
hi
just a quicky i have a jewel 96 tank,taken off the" black box" .whats the best filter eheim bioforce160 or do i go for a external filter???is this abit overkill or not.....regards ps fantastic site

96 litre? I would say an internal would do the job just fine

External on any tank you can. The media capacity is far greater and with 96 litres, having a chunky internal filter will rob you of precious space.

But no denying that like Duke says, an internal will work just fine. :good:

thxs for replying which external budget filter would you buy?????

What kind of budget? You in the uk? All Pond Solutions 1400 would be a great addition to your tank.

External filters, what we call canisters in the US, are definitely bigger and hold far more media than any internal. You may well do fine with your internal but an external will do better if you find yourself with a marginally acceptable internal filter. I have one of the old Fluval 4+ filters on a 40 gallon long and it does fine for my breeding colony of Ameca splendens but it is no way as robust as the Rena XP2 that I have on another tank of similar size that holds my colony of C. encaustus. The Rena is twice the filter of the other one and the Fluval is about as big as they make for an internal. Fluival also make much larger filters but I have not seen them make a larger one as an internal.

Most reactions

Back