Intermittant Blacklight Use Bad For Fish?

daddySEAL

Reaction score
My new 6 foot tank has a hood capable of using multiple flourescent lights.

If I used one of the spaces for a blacklight to be used intermittently, would it be harmful to the fish?
(there will be no live plants in this tank)

Could I use it along with the regular flourescent bulb at the same time to accent to colors of fish (temporarily)?

If I used one of the spaces for a blacklight to be used intermittently, would it be harmful to the fish?

Could I use it along with the regular flourescent bulb at the same time to accent to colors of fish (temporarily)?

I'm curious as to why you would want to use a blacklight in the first place. Are you planning on using some white decor and maybe use it create a cool display?

I'm curious as to why you would want to use a blacklight in the first place. Are you planning on using some white decor and maybe use it create a cool display?

No, although I think the display is pretty cool already, in fact all the substrate gravel is black...it seems to make the fish want to darken their colors.
About the blacklight, I just thought it might make the colors in the fish iridescent and dramatic in a different kind of way to view once in awhile.

Most reactions

Back