Injured cherry barb

Ieesha99

Reaction score
I’ve just noticed one of my cherry barbs is missing part of its tail. I have cardinal tetras and 2 sumo loaches. I’m guessing it was the loaches. Has anyone else had problems with loaches attacking there fish ? Also my tetras are usually swimming around with the cherry barbs but tonight they are all just swimming at the bottom of the tank so I’m guessing something is stressing them out
BDA45AB6-C0C1-44E7-9CEA-CA5A116DFFD4.jpeg

Sumos are big bullies I'm afraid and very territorial, you'd need to keep them in a big group to reduce aggression, I'm not sure if you could keep one on its own...otherwise you're better off rehoming them as they will more than likely bully each other and everyone else.

As for your cherry barb, keep the water super clean with nice big and regular water changes and she will be fine...but my guess is the attacks are going to keep occurring while you've got those brutes in there 😕

Sumos are big bullies I'm afraid and very territorial, you'd need to keep them in a big group to reduce aggression, I'm not sure if you could keep one on its own...otherwise you're better off rehoming them as they will more than likely bully each other and everyone else.

As for your cherry barb, keep the water super clean with nice big and regular water changes and she will be fine...but my guess is the attacks are going to keep occurring while you've got those brutes in there 😕
Okayy thank you. I think I’ll see if the aquarium shop will take them back

Most reactions

Back