info

I have one of these about 11" at the moment. I think that they are great fish if you can supply a large tank for them. they can grow to 3' but mainly stay around 2' in captivity. I feed mine on bloodworm and small pieces of fish. they can get quite agressive when they get larger chasing other fish away, although they must not be kept with agressive cichlids which could bully them. they can actually open there mouths to fit large prey items in so be carfull when selectintg tank mates. they do best in slightly soft and acidic water and need a tank of at least 5x2x2 but preferably 5x3x2. I have found that mine are most active at night time. they can also jump so make sure you have tight covers. if you want a group, then i think it would be ok if you grow them on together. don't try mixing two adults because they will normally fight. of course you would need a much bigger tank for a group though.

thanks a lot ste2k3 yes i have heard thay can get big i can get tank of any size that i need so ok there :D . thay are in a tank with a couple of firemoutha at the mo but thay are only small sooo good there. fish strips as in ?????

STE,
On this same topic how about one of those with an Oscar? Minus the tank size, would they work???
Signed,
Sondan

some people may be able to kep them with oscars and some may not. it depends on how agressive the indavidual fish is and wether they would start taking chunks out of each other. i would try growing them up together, that would give you the best chance but they still may fight. try it and see and if they do fight , just make sure the lfs would take one back.

Most reactions

Back