Im New To Salt

SharkWeek

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello, iv been wanting to do a saltwater tank for a while so i have finally taken the plunge. Its a 10 gallon with 6 pounds of live rock in it already. I plan on using green star polyp, button polyp and some leather coral. The fish im planning on useing is a neon blue goby to start, a clown and some random shrip . if you could suggest any tips i would be very greatful.

Hey have you thought about adding a goby? There is also the orange lined Cardinal fish
Here are some details on the Orange Cardinal;
Min tank 10 gallons
Care level easy
Temper peaceful
Reef safe
Water : 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
Max size 2 ½”
How it helps a little.

I have been given some though to some goby, i really enjoy bottom dwelling fish. I have a freshwater almost dedicated to them. But yea im thinking a goby would be good. Do you have any tips of comments i could learn from?

I’ve never had a nano tank before so I’ll be the wrong guy to ask about that. The smallest SW tank I’ve had in the past was 110 gallons. Do you have a refract meter or a hydrometer? You well need one to set the salt content. A protean skimmer to remove excess phytoplankton or your water well turn green. I used to treat my water and add the salt and other stuff the night before my water changes so I would get a more accurate reading of salt levels. That’s all that comes to mind right now. I’d love to see some pics when you get it all set up.

I’ve never had a nano tank before so I’ll be the wrong guy to ask about that. The smallest SW tank I’ve had in the past was 110 gallons. Do you have a refract meter or a hydrometer? You well need one to set the salt content. A protean skimmer to remove excess phytoplankton or your water well turn green. I used to treat my water and add the salt and other stuff the night before my water changes so I would get a more accurate reading of salt levels. That’s all that comes to mind right now. I’d love to see some pics when you get it all set up.
yea i got a hydrometer. also iv got a place i just by the water per gallon. i would love to send you pics, i just got a great piece of live rock. it has an oyster shell on it so its a built in cave. my biggest problem is the fish.

The tank with just the live rock

Attachments

• saltwater 1.jpg
    saltwater 1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 132
like the new pics :good:
thanks there is acctually an oyster shell attached to a stock of rock. it opens and closes, when i saw it i readed into the pile of rock and all i was thinking was please be conncted with somthing. I was happy. but i cant do anything with the tank till the ammonia comes down

Oh if you can get turbo snails the well help keep the tank clean and are reef safe as well. When you do add your fish that is.

Looks like you need more live rock in there and a little bit of a more interesting aquascape, no??? SH

Most reactions

Back