I'm Baaaack!

CezzaXV

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I don't expect anyone to remember me since it's been a long time, but I'm back.

A bit of background about myself:

A few years ago, I started off with a 60L tropical tank. I was completely hooked, and a few months later I upgraded to a 155L Fluval Osaka. Time went on and still completely hooked, I then converted to marine at the beginning of last year. It was a lot of maintenance, both in terms of effort and money, and I didn't really get into it until I got myself some corals around November. Unfortunately, on New Year's Eve I discovered my tank pipework was leaking and not wishing to bodge a fix, nor being able to justify the money for a new tank, I made the decision to give up fishkeeping. 

It's now the beginning of July, and long story short, my heart has started to wish for some fishy friends again. It's taken me a long time to reach this stage, seeing as marine look brilliant but are hard work (I'm in a full time job now which I wasn't before, which means I have more money than before but significantly less time), but tropical felt like a step down. However, recently the idea of going back to tropical has grown on me, since I always felt they had more personality than my marine fish, and feel like a cakewalk compared to caring for marine fish. I also really missed the look of green that I couldnt have in my marine tank.

So, there we have it. I'm considering going with a Fluval Roma 90, which isn't huge, but will fit nicely into the space I've got for it. My room is small, and although the 155L I had before fit, technically, it was huge and took up a lot of space. The 90L feels a nice size, as do the necessary water changes.

Going to have to do some reading to remind myself of the stuff I may have forgotten, but I'm looking forward to spending a lot more time around here again :)

I remember you, but I've been around here a while.

welcomeani.gif
back to the hobby! 

Have never tried Marine /SW so cant really comment on that side of things.

But my first tank was a Roma 90L, decent little tank, would recommend getting an external than using the Fluval U2 that comes with the tank if you're buying it new from LFS, nothing wrong with the U2 does what it says on the tin but its quite bulky and takes up space inside the tank.

What are you planning on keeping this time round ? :)

I had Threadfins Rainbowfish, RCS and Assassin snails in my 90 at the time.

Pics would be great when you get round to setting it all up ;)

I remember you. Welcome back.

Welcome back Cezza! Hope you enjoy your return to fish-keeping!

welcomeani.gif
back! Would love to hear about your plans for this tank.

Hi guys, nice to see a few familiar faces, and hi to all the new ones :)

Not sure what to go for yet. Back in the day I had cardinal tetra, leopard cories, guppies and a male dwarf gourami, plus a clean up crew. As time went on I lost the dwarf gourami and got a shoal of honey gourami as I had a bigger tank. I also had a German blue ram, though I don't think my water suited it as it didn't live as long as it should have. It was gorgeous, but I don't think I'd do it again.

Definitely want cories, though not sure whether to go for leopard or panda. Possibly cardinal tetra again too, though possibly something else. I would like a gourami of some description, maybe. It's been a long time since I was last in a decent fish shop, so I've forgotten a lot of what options there are for me. I plan on fishless cycling, so I've got lots of time to think about it yet.

I do plan on getting an external filter. I had a Fluval 205, then a Fluval 306 before, though I found them a right pain to prime sometimes. Not sure if that's an issue with the Fluval brand or just external filters in general though.

For scaping, I'm going with sand, wood (hopefully I'll be able to find another nice piece of redmoor like I had before) and lots of plants. 

Welcome back! (I'm very new XD) 

I have friends who have the penguin biowheels and they love it and convinced me to buy them. I've had mine running with fish in it for a few months now and they run quietly, the weel looks awesome, and the flow adjustment is awesome. My only complaint (possibly of my own making) is that I can't seem to find a good sponge cover for the intake. I have had to make do with stuffing it with cut up sponge covers that were too small. 

I'm another that remembers you Cezza. Welcome home. ;)

Welcome back Cezza, I've been away for a bit too, but gradually getting more time to pop into the forum for a few posts :good:

Looking forward to seeing what decisions you make on the aquarium :)

Most reactions

Back