Ill Gourami?

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Water tests are all normal, running 2 filters at present (stingray 15 and fluval u2, fluval will be new filter in a few days time) 15 g with tetras, shrimp, hillstream loach. All live plants. Sand substrate.

Well, after having to but my betta in my Biorb (getting stressed). I opted to buy a Dwarf Gourami yesterday as a centre piece fish. I have gotten home from work tonight to find him in one of my plants on his side. I have observed him for about 15 mins and he appeared to fall out of the plant, swam upside down and has been swimming on his side. Hanging around at to top of the tank side ways. He doesn't appear to look any different.

sorry not a great pic

unwellfish1.jpg

How many gallons is the tank.
How many fish and which type.

How long did you cliamatise the new fish for.

it could be swim bladder.
Does he look bloated.
What does it look like when he goes to the toilet.
If he's still eating try some shelled peas.

Was the fish caught roughly at the lfs.

How many gallons is the tank.
How many fish and which type.

How long did you cliamatise the new fish for.

it could be swim bladder.
Does he look bloated.
What does it look like when he goes to the toilet.
If he's still eating try some shelled peas.

Was the fish caught roughly at the lfs.

15 g

6 tetras (neons)and as stated above

1 hour (adding tank water slowly) light of for an hour.

i did read it's rare for gourami to get swim bladder, he's not bloated. I haven't witnessed his faeces yet as i have been at work all day. I fed when i got home but he did'nt eat.

He didn't appear to be roughly handled.

it could be swim bladder if he was roughly caught.

If you are worried try a bacterial med in issolation. Also feed him some peas.

thanks for that, i'll sort him before i go to bed. I'm at work again tom for 13 hrs so the wife will have to get some meds tom. Thanks again. I'll report back tomorrow.

Ok. Bless him.

Swimming on there sides can be swim bladder, bacterial infection, internal parasites.
Keep a look out for when he goes to the toilet.

well, i lost him this morning. Just finished work and my wife has contacted LFS and she took some water in and it tested fine. They wouldn't look at the fish, they have given me a credit note.

RIP gourami. its good of them to give you a credit note - annoying mine dont ;) -_-

Bless him.
R.I.P.

cheers guys and thanks Wilder for the advice.

Most reactions

Back