ID sharks

caspercanuck

Moved On
Reaction score
i currently have 5 ID sharks in my 55g tank.. they have been growing at a decent rate.. 2 of them are about 5'', 1 is about 3.5'' and the other 2 are about 2.5'' or 3''

im thinking about what to do with them in the future.. i hope they dont continue to grow 3 inches every 5 or 6 months, or i will have to find them new homes within 6 months..

i feed them lots of sinking wafers.. theyre bottomfeeder pellets and they love them.. their bellies triple in size after every meal.. maybe i shouldnt feed them so much..

they had ick when i first got them like 6-8 months ago, and havent had it since.. theyre healthy and happy, i just dont know how much longer i can keep them and its starting to worry me a bit

im sure i can find someone to take them, its just gonna be a bummer to see them go

ID sharks get to 4.3 feet so you're looking at somewhere in the range of 21.5 feet of fish to house. One reason these fish should never be kept in the home aquaria.

theyre not the same as the one in the pinned topic.. i dont think..

the biggest ive seen them at is about 2.5 feet... regardless, eventually i will have to find them a new home..

i wonder if the local aquarium will take them.. i know they have tanks with large ID sharks in with them..

theres also a LFS with ones that are about 1.5 feet long.. so i could always give them to them i guess

Most reactions

Back