Id For Me Please

elthznd901

Reaction score
I originally thought this was a pictus, but now after seeing some ID's here and descriptions elsewhere wonder if its some type of Synodontis. This fish was given to me.

2011-06-19_19-39-27_189.jpg

its definitely not a pictus, looks like a featherfin syno to me.

It's not a S.euptera (featherfin) - neither the dorsal or adipose fins are large enough for a fish of this size, and the spots too few. It does rsemble Synodontis ocellifer, but again the dorsal is wrong for that species. I hate to say hybrid (seem to be saying it losts lately :sad:) but there is definitely S.euptera in the parentage, I'd suggest this is a euptera/ocellifer cross, but the guys over at PlanetCatfish would be able to confirm better than me.
Martin

It's not a S.euptera (featherfin) - neither the dorsal or adipose fins are large enough for a fish of this size, and the spots too few. It does rsemble Synodontis ocellifer, but again the dorsal is wrong for that species. I hate to say hybrid (seem to be saying it losts lately :sad:) but there is definitely S.euptera in the parentage, I'd suggest this is a euptera/ocellifer cross, but the guys over at PlanetCatfish would be able to confirm better than me.
Martin

I'm leaning towards hybrid too.

Me three - its a shame that all these Hybrid synos are coming up now - especially when there is such a demand for stuff like Cuckoos.

Wills

Most reactions

Back