Ich?

F 1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does this sound plausible?

I introduced a blue ram to my 37 gal on Friday. Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, pH above 7.6. He seemed stressed at first but got his color back by Sunday morning. I did my usual 25% water change Sunday afternoon. He now looks like he has ich and I have yet to see him eat. I've read that ich parasites are always there and healthy fish can handle it but stressed fish becomes more susceptible to developing ich. The other fish have yet to show symptoms. Could the pH higher than rams are supposed to like cause this?

F1

When moving fish from palce to another, is stressful. You need to get medicine as soon as possible and medicate whole tank. (Read instruction carefully!)

Crank up the heat to 82 or so....the parasite cannot handle the heat but most tropical fish can.

In addition, I have had great success with adding CopperSafe when I had an Ich breakout.

Thanks for the help but when I got home from work the ram had expired. Should I medicate the tank anyway? None of the other fish show symptoms.

In addition to this, just in the last few days, most of the leaves have fallen of the broad-leafed (not sure what it is) plant. The bacopa seem fine. Could there be a connection?

F1

Most reactions

Back