Ich On New Fish

bluemoon11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Feel so bad right now, never had a problem with ich to know what it looked like. I completed a fishless cycle on a 40L tank last week and bought 3 male platy and 2 panda cory for the tank. One of the platy has what looks like white pin pricks all over his tail, checked online and says its ich. I've added king British white spot control medicine and a teaspoon of aqualibrium. Is there anything else I can do?

Temp is 25, can I turn up with Corys?
Should I add more salt? Don't want to add too much because of Corys. (Am getting more and upgrading tank in a few month)

Xxx

No salt at all with Corydoras, very risky business if you dabble.

You should be able to turn the temp up by ~1C every hour upto 30C if tou have plenty of water surface movement for aeration, but look out for fish stressing.

Lastly, that stocking is far from suitable for a 40l, the Platties deserve a 3-footer minimum and the catfish should be a in much larger group.

Just leave it as it is, with the medicine it should clear up in time. You really shouldn't use salt with scaleless fish, don't add any more and i would recommend doing a large water change as soon as possible to dilute the salt. I wouldn't bother turning the temperature up with the Cory's probably being uncomfortable enough already with the lack of company and salt.

Will do change now. Upgrading next month, saving for a bigger tank. Then once it cycled will be moving them x

Most reactions

Back