Ich and popeye

Rgome126

New Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Points
3
Location
Miami
Hello I’m new to this. I believe my Bolivian Ram has Popeyes.

I completed a 50% water change with a Siphon but I have a gravel substrate and I’m not sure if I cleaned the gravel properly since my tank is also planted. I clean and I add water and there still seems to be some particles, is this normal ?

also I just finished a three day treatment of ich and now three fish only have like 1-2/3 spots each and they are eating fine. I did the water change and added some salt and garlic to the tank, a saw two of the still infected fish eat the garlic, didn’t see the third. The temperature is 84 degrees. I’m still very worried about this ich problem continuing. Any advice ??

also should I treat the Popeye with malafix ? Is this tooo much medication since I just finished a three day ich treatment ?—even though the water is new.
 

Attachments

  • 5BB84648-4096-4485-975A-C080CF0D19B9.webp
    5BB84648-4096-4485-975A-C080CF0D19B9.webp
    155.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 8B26CADB-C4D3-4B38-9EF4-DCA1CCDC01AD.webp
    8B26CADB-C4D3-4B38-9EF4-DCA1CCDC01AD.webp
    159.3 KB · Views: 114
  • BC332D29-1CCF-47E7-BDC3-331F8248F388.webp
    BC332D29-1CCF-47E7-BDC3-331F8248F388.webp
    153.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 080EA34D-0B9A-4F03-9BD6-46E0B3E07E5A.webp
    080EA34D-0B9A-4F03-9BD6-46E0B3E07E5A.webp
    126.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 71C1C391-6210-497D-80C5-BBD2102EBFD6.webp
    71C1C391-6210-497D-80C5-BBD2102EBFD6.webp
    136.6 KB · Views: 114
Ich doesn’t die at 84F. Kick heat up to 86F and leave it for 10 more days. If no other meds in tank, you can try Melafix and good clean water for Popeye. If it fails, then use Seachem Kanaplex and API Furan-2 together. It cleared up a horrible eye infection and Popeye in my goldfish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top