I Would Like A Frog For My Tropical Fish Tank... Should I Get One?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tropicallover

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello
So yesterday I went to Petsmart to buy some Neon tetras for my 20 gallon fish tank. I saw in the same tank some small little frogs at the bottom for sale. I was going to get one but wanted more info on them first. Do they eat any fish? Will they eat guppies? Neons? What do i feed them? Are they friendly? Life Span? Do they need air?

If its the frogs im thinking of (african dwarf frogs) I dont think they need to have any land to go on they are fully aquatic and are ok with community fish but check first.

They are fully aquatic frogs, but they do need frog food rather than just fish food. They also breath from the surface, so they do better in tanks only a foot deep or less. They won't eat a full grown guppy, but they will eat guppy fry. Neon tetras should be left alone as well.

ok in my opinion no because ll of mine died fast and others commited suicide... :(

but just try one out and tell me the results... sorry i said that didn't mean to ruin it but they did commit suicide by jumping out.

ok in my opinion no because ll of mine died fast and others commited suicide... :(

but just try one out and tell me the results... sorry i said that didn't mean to ruin it but they did commit suicide by jumping out.
most fish and amphibians don't try to escape unless there is something in the environment that is bothering them or picking on them, like an aggressive tank mate or bad water quality or nowhere to hide.

Most reactions

Back