I was asked for a picture or video showing my built in set up

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I've never done any video of my set up... these wrap around my bed… , and there is a pair of 30 gallon longs, under the 2-45 gallons on the ends, that I haven’t filled again yet… these were all built in, about 25 years ago, and then after running for several years, got shut down, and sat for almost 20 years… I got lucky, no leakers, when restarting, began about a year and a half ago... there is a work area behind the tanks, in which there is an acrylic 55 gallon, & 2 pairs of 10 gallon tanks... I will probably use the 30 gallon tanks for breeders, but don’t have the spare time right now... there is a large piston air pump, that sits on the top of the foundation, between the rafters, with a loose closed cell foam box around it... can't even hear the pump run over the gentle bubble noise... a complex lighting system, that dimly back lights the tanks, at sun rise for about 4 hours, & then comes on again in the evening until between 11:00 & midnight... the main tank lights, full length LED aquarium lights, I turn on manually when I wake, & turn off when I'm ready to sleep... the background lighting is on timers... The stands are constructed of concrete blocks & planks, with pine car siding covering, these tanks all use hang on back filters, most are either 20 year old antiques, air powered foam filters, or Aquaclear 70's or Tidal 75's... the 45 & 30 on the left side, can be viewed from both the front and the back... the pair on the right side, can only be viewed from the front... ( the 2 on the left, are awesome to view, but can only be worked on, from above one narrow side, so many "specialty tools" have been fabricated for working on those tanks... there is a footboard on the bed, designed as a back rest, to allow comfortable seating for looking at the tanks...

I'd definitely rather be here, than in front of the TV...
IMG_5191.jpeg

IMG_5228.jpeg
IMG_5230.jpeg

Back work area is more utilitarian, but full of plants, which aren’t visible from the front
IMG_5315.jpeg
IMG_5314.jpeg
IMG_5313.jpeg
IMG_5312.jpeg

🔝
IMG_5120.jpeg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back