I Want One!

Devorax

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I want a full moon male betta, in electric blue, preferably black masked, but everywhere I go, there's only veil tails. I can't yet have him though because I am waiting for a new filter, but if anyone knows of anyone else that will send a young-ish specimen through the post, please direct me!! Naturally I will pay the going rate for him, plus postage etc but it is getting very depressing now. Any help please?

I want a full moon male betta, in electric blue, preferably black masked, but everywhere I go, there's only veil tails. I can't yet have him though because I am waiting for a new filter, but if anyone knows of anyone else that will send a young-ish specimen through the post, please direct me!! Naturally I will pay the going rate for him, plus postage etc but it is getting very depressing now. Any help please?

a full moon not half moon?

I think it's a full moon, I'm not up with my lingo as well as some others..lol It's the type that when they pose, their fins look like one complete circle from the top middle of the back to the mid bottom belly. I think that is a fullmoon, but I may be completely wrong. I'm not a fan of the crown tails, to me they look like punk rocker fish...lol (No offence to them of course).

That's a Halfmoon. There's no such tail type as fullmoon.

This is halfmoon

Shipment200208064.jpg

Oh, okay then, I stand corrected. But yes, that is the type I am on about. I might not know my types, but I do know they are nice and the one I currently have (a veil tail called Boris) seems to be doing very well, so I wanted one for my other tank that is waiting to be set-up as soon as the new filter matures.

Id be shocked if you found a Half moon in a local pet store in England and my importer only gets one black HM in per shipment of 100 bettas but if you do want a HM I would wait until one comes up for sale rather than making do - besides it will be your pet for 3 years - makes sense to wait!

Have you looked on ebay. I know that DPFishways (Modaz from the forum) has quite a few Bettas on at the moment.

Have you looked on ebay. I know that DPFishways (Modaz from the forum) has quite a few Bettas on at the moment.

Good Idea Netty look at this one Devorax : 220381262414

I did look at that one, but felt that the fins weren't as 'complete' as the idea I have in mind. Here is one I like, but not sure if I will settle on this particular one, eBay item number 200323901108. Those are the fins I am thinking of, but the colour isn't as spot on as I'd like. Maybe I am being too fussy....lol

Has anyone had any experience buying from the UK on Aquabid? Do I get it right that it is the price of the auction, plus the seller's shipping, PLUS import handling charges?

The problem with buying from aquabid is that legally you need an import licence or if the fish are spotted in customs they'll be confiscated and you and the seller could be fined.

There used to be a transhipper in the UK but he has stopped doing it now and I think the nearest one is in Germany.

Sooo, it seems the only option is to buy one from a private breeder. Does anyone know of any that are willing to part with a fine specimen? Is there a website devoted to Bettas and their breeders in the UK? I know I am being a bit expectant, but I do want just ONE prized fish to be the centre piece...lol

Most breeders have their own websites :good: Some advertise on Fleabay. Its a case of looking around and seeing what takes your fancy really.

I'm currently looking into starting transhipping myself as Kev has stopped, i import over 100 fish a month already so why not add a few order for other people right. Any way i have a few HM on my site at the mo that are going up for sale on Saturday to members. Feel free to have a look, the addy is www.thebettalady.co.uk

Thanks for that Devon Charm, I have just joined your site and can't wait for that midnight cos I want tank 8....lol Is it midnight Friday/Saturday or midnight Saturday/Sunday?

Most reactions

Back