I Think My Oscar Might Be Sick?

nathanFoudray

Reaction score
i just bought a new oscar yesterday, hes alone in a 30 gallon tank with a pleco. he just kinda sits at the bottom and turns about 45 dgrees on his side when the light is on, bu when the light goes off he becomes more active, is he sick? should i take him back and get a healthy one? or is he just stressed in the new tank?

Stressed, in too small a tank and also being a typical oscar - letting you know he's not happy.

30g is about half the tank space he needs....

Wait a minute.. this thread seems.. like ive replied in here before.. oh wait.. i have

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=307268

So i take it that

i took the oscar back but i could not return the pleco, and also i found the original lid for this tank, it orginaly came with a screen one, and it is 45 gallons,
(your last reply in the other thread)

Didnt actually happen?

If you havent done so you are being cruel to this fish, do what we ALL told you before and take the fish back and get one better suited to your tank!

I think its a case that two threads were started at almost the same time/date, but the other was replied on more, thus we take it that the other thread is correct and the Oscar was returned. Hopefully :)

Most reactions

Back