I think my frog is starting to have a prolapse

14Reese77

Reaction score
I think my albino african clawed frogs butt is starting to prolapse. Also, bear with me I know this part sounds weird. I think it might be because my black moor goldfish (weirdly not peaceful at all) might have for lack of better word sucked it out. The goldfish has been headbutting and sucking back there and a few other spots but and I'm not sure if that could have caused that. What can I do to know for sure and how can I help I don't think I have any vet near by to help me with them I got them from a friend who could no longer care for them. They mean the world to me and I don't want to lose them.

Attachments

• Snapchat-100263353.jpg
    Snapchat-100263353.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Snapchat-1927808213.jpg
    Snapchat-1927808213.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 18
Hi, I don’t own frogs, but did some research on what to do. Read this online about a tree-frog cure (not sure if it‘ll work on an ACF, but worth a shot). Would probably not do this until you have another reply that may have more experience, as I have no idea if this works.

Take 1 cup of lukewarm water (you might have to double/triple this recipe) and put in 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Stir until it dissolves. Put the frog in with a lid on top of the container so it doesn’t jump out, then leave it in the for 20 minutes. MAKE SURE THE WATER ISN’T TOO HOT!!! or you’ll have a scalded frog.

Another source said the frog may recover on it’s own i a stress free environment, so maybe see if it gets better or worse.

Also, I would definitely remove the goldfish to somewhere else.
Hope this helps!

I think it would work (the sugar makes the stuff sticking out shrink so it can go back in) however some people are against the method as it also makes the frogs skin shrink a bit. By the sounds of things though, lot’s of people have has success with this method, as the stuff sticking out absorbs sugar much faster, and their frogs recover quickly.

Good luck and hope he gets better!

Most reactions

Back