I Still Cant Believe It!

BLUFOX

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
well yesterday i brought a fluval roma 125.it took my husband 2 hour to pick it up.well when he got there the guy said that the 5 fish he had in it had to go with it.so he gave my husband the 5 fish in a tied up black sack.my husband asked what they were and he said some sort of tetra.so 2 hours later he arrived home.i ran to the car to get the fish.i emptied the fish into a clean bucket and there were 5 red eyed tetras.they were all still alive.so now it was a race against time to get them in the tank as my lfs was closed so i had no choice but to keep them.i know that they would be going into a newly setup tank but i had no choice.in total they from collection it took 5 hours to get them in.i have a 9 month old son so it was hard to just get on with the tank.i had to put all new gravel in there and get the temp right.so in they went 5hrs later.i thought they may last night but no they are still here right now.i cant believe it.these poor fish have had a rough old time and have still pulled through.today im taking them to my lfs as i dont want to cycle the tank with them and its cruel.i dont wanna put them through that aswell.

i had some red eye tetra, loved then, very understated. if it was me and i wanted to keep them, i'd cycle with them. your tank is a decent enough size. i cycled my 140L-ish tank with red eyes (and an angel) that i had to rehome from my smaller tank. at the time i had lots of tannins leaching into my tank, so i was doing regular water changes anyway, had no problems.

no id rather cycle it with pure ammonia.its better than doing lots of water testing and water changes and saves all the worry.

Most reactions

Back