I Should Have Listened......

jgray152

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Before maturity my male aratus was fine. After he turned black, he became evil. He also got a Acei and another Mbuna in his clan. I called them the 3 fish mafia. I dropped all three at the LFS and I was able to put my bumble bee back in. My other Mbunas are also swimming around now.

Well like the title says, I should have listened to some of you before hand :blink:

Melanochromis species don't have a bad reputation for nothing. :lol: Sometimes you luck out though.

I wanted to sqeeze his little head till it popped! I decided to let him live though along with the other 2.

O well. happier tank now. Well will be after I get rid of the ick. Almost gone.

Ive got three female m.aratus and was considering getting a male to go with them but after reading this thread, making me think twice !! -_-

Ive got three female m.aratus and was considering getting a male to go with them but after reading this thread, making me think twice !! -_-

Keep an eye on the females, they can be almost as aggressive as the males. IMO m.auratus should be kept in a minimum of 75gal and only as a species tank in anything under 150 gallons.

Keep an eye on the females, they can be almost as aggressive as the males. IMO m.auratus should be kept in a minimum of 75gal and only as a species tank in anything under 150 gallons.

i have three in a 50gal !! :crazy:

I have a 55 and the female was actually fine. Unfortunatly, I did not know I had a male untill later when he started turning black. The male killed the female.

The male was also a stud for my female jahonni (spelling?). Now I have hybrids swiming all over the place and they sometimes pic on each other and they are not adults yet! :crazy:

When I decide to remove all the rocks from my tank to catch them, they will go to the LFS too and I will tell them what they consist off and not to call them "mixed africans". I should ask for refunds, I must have given them $80 worth of fish so far from 10 baby yellows to the 3 fish mafia.

Most reactions

Back