I Need Some Help.

lchesterl

Reaction score
Does fish get stressed out when I turn on the light? Would it be okay if I turn on the light during the day and turn it off during night time? What do the fish perfer lights on or off?

I have a tank with 2 Oscars, 1 Arowana, and 1 Pleco for some reason the water has been cloudy lately. I change the water last night and put some of those tidy tank chemicals in it to clear the water but, when I woke up this morning the water was still dirty. I think the reason why its cloudy is because of the food I feed to my Oscars. Its call Oscar Growth the pelletts. Is there a way I can make my water to clear up? I know I should reduce the food I feed them. Should I take out my fishes and change the water all over? this time the whole thing?

Do you guys have any tips or advice on how to raise oscars and arowanas? Is it possible to put a Black Ghost Knife fish in with these fish's? My BGK seems to be biting on my 2 angelfish the top fin half of it is gone.

Need size of tank in gallons or litres, and how long has it been set up.
Water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate, and ph.
Turning the lights on does freak most fish out for a minute or two.

I'm no expert but:

1) Light = 12 hours on 12 hours off, buy a timer switch, i got one for £3.50 at ASDA.
2) Dirty water = Let the water settle out, all the particles should sink to the bottom after a while.
3) Water Change = a full water change sounds a bit over the top. Get a gravel vac or siphon (i got a Marina one for £7) and clean the gravel/sand, remove about 20-30% of the water. When you replace the water pour it so it doesnt disrupt the gravel or any dirty you missed will get kicked up into the water.
4) sorry, cant help with the fish question.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Back