I Need Advice About My 30 Gal

Tankww2

Reaction score
During The stocking of my 30 gal i got this lyre-tail mollie and a single cory cat (i was fairly new at this) I now regret getting the lyre-tail mollie. not only because i am fully stocked and cant get anymore corys to make a school but i also think the fish is very childish and dont like him at all. The bad thing is my mom LOVES the mollie and the poor cory cat (blub blub) doesnt have a school. Im only 13 (Obviously because if i was 20 id just ignore my mom and give it to petco :rolleyes: ) What should i do? :unsure:

here are some pics:

100_0234.jpg

100_0236.jpg

Woah, a single molly is not full stocked. I suggest getting 5 more cories. But not all at once!

Did you cycle this tank?

During The stocking of my 30 gal i got this lyre-tail mollie and a single cory cat (i was fairly new at this) I now regret getting the lyre-tail mollie. not only because i am fully stocked and cant get anymore corys to make a school but i also think the fish is very childish and dont like him at all. The bad thing is my mom LOVES the mollie and the poor cory cat (blub blub) doesnt have a school. Im only 13 (Obviously because if i was 20 id just ignore my mom and give it to petco :rolleyes: ) What should i do? :unsure:

here are some pics:

100_0234.jpg

100_0236.jpg

What else do you have in the tank? That is one prety molly.

You could very easily add more fish. In fact, you could add, as stated earlier, five more cory cats, and probably another lyretail molly. You have enough room for those mollies to have kids! (You could give mom her own colony!) Hope this help(HTH)!

This is not all that i have in the tank i have 1 mollie, 1 neon gourami, 7 neon tetras, 1 jullie cory cat, 1 female guppy, and for inverts i have 5 amono shrimp and 1 singapore flower shimp.

But you guys really like him? I think hes alright but for me he just doesnt seem to fit in.

and do you think that if i got rid of the guppy that i could get 5 more cories or would that be pushing it too far

Thx for the help all coments welcome and appreciated!

This is not all that i have in the tank i have 1 mollie, 1 neon gourami, 7 neon tetras, 1 jullie cory cat, 1 female guppy, and for inverts i have 5 amono shrimp and 1 singapore flower shimp.

But you guys really like him? I think hes alright but for me he just doesnt seem to fit in.

and do you think that if i got rid of the guppy that i could get 5 more cories or would that be pushing it too far

In my opinion you could add 4 more cories to what you have, if your tank is 30 gallons. I don't know what you mean by a neon gourami? But, I'd be a little afraid of it eating the shrimp...

I really like the molly, but what's important is that you like your tank :). Maybe replace him with a few more guppys?

Good Luck!

Laura

In my opinion you could add 4 more cories to what you have, if your tank is 30 gallons. I don't know what you mean by a neon gourami? But, I'd be a little afraid of it eating the shrimp...

I really like the molly, but what's important is that you like your tank :). Maybe replace him with a few more guppys?

Good Luck!

Laura

A neon gourami is a more colorful version of the dwarf gourami.

Most reactions

Back