I Just Got A Koralia Powerhead!

lewiss

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I'm not onto the hardware of my tank at all but after seeing a Koralia powerhead new for £25 on eBay I thought, well let's see what it's like. It came today and wow it's so good compared to my cheap ones!!

I'm never into hardware but that is cool!!

I also found out the hard way, I bought to cheap powerheads of eBay which were rubbish and kept breaking. So I bought to Koralia's and they have been great.

The old saying "You get what you pay for" springs to mind.

Yeh very true. I'm just surprised that they are better! And that I'm excited about hardware! Lol. :lol:

They are great. I like hardware but I went the other way and bought all the gadget and it made things over complicated.

I have sold most of my "nice to have" gadgets and gone back to simple, simple hardware means simple maintenance which means more time to look at my tank instead of cleaning and servicing a million things.

Yes, I opted for Koralia nanos after seeing others praise them highly and reading some really good reviews. Happy you are noticing the difference. :) I find that in this hobby, you can cut corners in some things, but in other things, you must go for quality.

Liz

Yeh agree totally but I thought powerheads was one of those things!! I can't believe how much better they are and how the flow is randomised!! And an English plug!!! Woop!! :lol:

I have 2 koralia nano powerheads and compared to my CHEAP APS one £10 off amazon they're quite simply crap in comparison. They're louder than my cheap one and they have a nasty habit of vibrating.

There!..........thought I'd throw a bit of negativity in here! Lol

I dont really like my koralias either, I have nothing to compare them too, but theres nowhere near as much water movement as I'd like! And I went for more turnver than I 'needed', but think I need yet another PH really!

If anybody is getting problems with the vibration you must have the older models.. the new ones have a special vibration pad :) much better than the old ones.

i just got some too, created a bit of a blizzard and my xenia instantly shut up shop, so i moved it (the xenia that is), but boy these are totally silent. wouldn't mind a bit of info regarding their positioning tho, at the moment i have both at same end 1 agitating the surface and t'other angled down a bit and across the rock but am thinking of putting a 3rd at opposite end would that be ok

i just got some too, created a bit of a blizzard and my xenia instantly shut up shop, so i moved it (the xenia that is), but boy these are totally silent. wouldn't mind a bit of info regarding their positioning tho, at the moment i have both at same end 1 agitating the surface and t'other angled down a bit and across the rock but am thinking of putting a 3rd at opposite end would that be ok

Didn't take you long to get them in the tank :lol: everything working ok mate?

Another powered at the other end would be fine :)

yup the three i've put in are working, corals settled in too :good: with the 3 powerheads i've got flow of 8100 that should be plenty yeah

Most reactions

Back